Cottonwood Tucson selected as ‘Best Place To Work’ finalist
Last week the Tucson Metro Chamber of Commerce notified us that Cottonwood Tucson has been selected as a finalist, specifically in the award category “Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Best Place to Work,” in the annual Tucson Metro Chamber Copper Cactus Awards.
Brian Welch, Cottonwood Tucson’s CEO, offered, “We are honored to be named a finalist for the Tucson Chamber of Commerce’s ‘Best place to work’ award.”
About the Copper Cactus Awards
The Copper Cactus Awards, now in its 16th year, is presented by Wells Fargo in conjunction with the Tucson Metro Chamber. There are five award categories, with each category being sponsored by a local business.
Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona Best Place to Work honors businesses that encourage and support professional growth, education and development for employees.
- Cox Business Growth honors small businesses that successfully tackle marketplace challenges.
- El Rio Community Health Center Community Service honors businesses that demonstrate uncommon civic leadership.
- Nextrio Innovation through Technology honors businesses that are technology-led and/or look to IT to solve problems and increase efficiency.
- SCF Arizona Small Business Leader of the Year honors exceptional leadership by a manager or owner who is active in the day-to-day activities of his or her company.
To be nominated the business must meet the following criteria:
- For-profit business
- More than two years in operation
- Locally owned and operated
- 250 or fewer employees
In the press release issued on August 26, 2013, the Tucson Metro Chamber president and CEO, Michael Varney, commented:
“The Tucson Metro Chamber is proud to recognize our community’s small businesses and business leaders through the Copper Cactus Awards. Small businesses are crucial for economic stability. Their accomplishments and innovation deserve to be celebrated community wide.”
You’re invited to attend the Copper Cactus Awards reception and dinner
If you will be in Tucson, Arizona on Friday, September 27, 2013, why not plan to attend the Copper Cactus Awards presentation and dinner to celebrate the accomplishments and innovation of Southern Arizona’s small businesses? The event will take place at The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa, at 3800 E. Sunrise Drive, Tucson, AZ, with the reception starting at 5:00PM.
You can click here to register for the event.
Honoring our Cottonwood Tucson staff…
We are grateful to have been able to gather, from across the country and around the world, a group of uniquely talented individuals who have hundreds of years of combined experience in the treatment of behavioral health disorders; they are highly trained and seasoned clinicians, many of whom are leaders in their fields. A number of our medical and program staff currently hold faculty positions at area colleges and universities, including the University of Arizona School of Medicine.
Each month Cottonwood Tucson selects one employee to honor as the “Employee of the Month.” Our employee recognition program is designed to recognize employees and to publicly acknowledge appreciation for efforts that go above and beyond the call of duty and display customer care.
Additionally, each year Cottonwood Tucson presents two awards, the Hildreth Award and the Stone Award.
- The Hildreth Award recognizes a member of the Cottonwood Tucson staff who is successful in their role at Cottonwood while consistently demonstrating respect and responsibility to our patients, fellow staff members and Cottonwood’s mission.
- The Stone Award recognizes a Clinician that personifies tough clinical values while displaying compassion and empathy, especially when working with very challenging clients.
It is an honor to be nominated as “the best place to work” and to be a finalist in the Tucson Metro Chamber’s Copper Cactus Awards; however, we know that it is every member of our staff who works to insure that Cottonwood Tucson is the best place to work.